For the first time, we’re offering a vivid tour through answers to many of our most frequently questions we get asked during post-show Q&A in the planetarium…
…from life on other planets to the quest for the biggest stars in our galaxy to “what’s the deal with Pluto?” to how black holes are made and more.
Thanks to our team of astronomy author-and-journalist presenters, this show take on an exclusive “ask the experts” theme, with time to talk more about the most common topics kids love about space, all linked to key Earth & Space Science for all grades/curriculum in the province of Ontario.
AVAILABLE FOR GRADES: K-12
AVAILABLE CURRICULUM LINKS:
– Daily and season changes.
– The Sun is the the principle source of energy for the Earth.
– Space exploration and the Solar System (planets, moons, asteroids, comets),
– Earth’s relationship with the Moon, the rest of the solar system and/or the universe
– Canada’s contribution to space in the past, present, and future
– Formation, evolution, structure and nature of the Solar System and the Universe.
– The appearance and motion of visible celestial objects. Astronomical Units and light years.
– Space exploration and Canadian contributions to efforts in space-based science experiments, astronomy, cosmology, and aerospace.
– Origin and evolution of the Solar System.
– Mass, size, rotation, composition and magnetic field of the various planets and moons.
– Near-Earth space investigations including spacecraft (e.g. International Space Station), and humanity’s negative effects (space debris and pollution of the electromagnetic spectrum, etc…)
Educators, groups, institutions and individuals interested in booking our mobile facility for this or any other shows we present can call or email:
email@example.com / 905.885.9471
*** The above presentations, presentation titles, descriptions, and ideas are the copywritten © 2014 intellectual property of Peter McMahon and noticemyscience.com Reproduction and/or performance without written permission is strictly prohibited ***
*** please note, due to the time commitment required to set-up and disassemble the planetarium, we can only book by the day – we recommend that teachers or groups looking to bring us in for a single class, Scouting meeting, etc… identify other classes/groups/etc… that might be interested in participating in shows while we’re at your school/meeting venue to provide maximum value for you and your colleagues***