Go faster-than-light on a fictional survey mission to another star in this exclusive hands-on, multi-environment experience designed specifically for high school students (with a different level of mission for each grade – can be tailored to specific courses.)
Inspired by movies like Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and 2001: A Space Odyssey, this truly unique interactive show tasks science classes with:
- deciding on what ship to take
- how to manage life on that ship for the journey (Grade 11 & 12 missions)
- manage a crisis that arises on the ship en-route (Grade 12 mission)
- what planet to explore
- planetside missions ranging from collecting info to getting out of a dangerous situation to finding the way to the final objective
- and what to do if they reach their ultimate goal: To find life elsewhere in the universe.
– Daily and season changes.
– The Sun is the the principle source of energy for the Earth.
– Space exploration and the Solar System (planets, moons, asteroids, comets),
– Earth’s relationship with the Moon, the rest of the solar system and/or the universe
– Formation, evolution, structure and nature of the Solar System and the Universe.
– The appearance and motion of visible celestial objects. Astronomical Units and light years.
– Space exploration and Canadian contributions to efforts in space-based science experiments, astronomy, cosmology, and aerospace
– Origin and evolution of the Solar System and the universe
– Mass, size, rotation, composition and magnetic field of the various planets and moons
– Near-Earth space investigations including spacecraft (e.g. International Space Station), and humanity’s negative effects (space debris and pollution of the electromagnetic spectrum, etc…)
Educators, groups, institutions and individuals interested in booking our mobile facility for this or any other shows we present can call or email:
email@example.com / 905.885.9471
*** The above presentations, presentation titles, descriptions, and ideas are the copywritten © 2015 intellectual property of Peter McMahon and noticemyscience.com Reproduction and/or performance without written permission is strictly prohibited ***
*** please note, due to the time commitment required to set-up and disassemble the planetarium, we can only book by the day – we recommend that teachers or groups looking to bring us in for a single class, Scouting meeting, etc… identify other classes/groups/etc… that might be interested in participating in shows while we’re at your school/meeting venue to provide maximum value for you and your colleagues***