Experience our most popular show…
Our planetarium shows are the only ones in North America presented by career science and astronomy journalists, based on their knowledge accumulated while researching, writing, and photographing for outlets such as Canadian Geographic, Discovery Channel, Sky & Telescope, and SkyNews: The Canadian Magazine of Astronomy & Stargazing.
Experience living, breathing constellation characters above your local horizon…
…travel to and orbit around the worlds of our Solar System…Then journey all the way out to the outer rim of our home galaxy, the Milky Way.
This interactive “best-of” show allows us to vividly share many of the core grade and secondary school Earth & Space Science curriculum topics as well as content required for related Scouting/Guiding awards.
Highlights of this show include:
- a look at sky motions
- exploring the constellations (Big Dipper, Little Dipper, Cassiopeia, Orion, etc…)
- telescope views of objects in the night sky (Moon, planets, and deep space objects like nebulas, star clusters and galaxies
- BLAST OFF! Leaving Earth in a modern rocket launch
- Welcome to the International Space Station – a space-walking tour of history’s largest orbital outpost (and Canada’s contribution)
- depart Earth orbit for a light-speed tour of the planets, moons, asteroids, comets and other members of our Solar System
- depart the Solar System for a tour of our local stellar neighbourhood
- tour the Orion Arm of the Milky Way, then see our entire galaxy from the outside
- return home to Earth and a display of the Northern Lights (plus, perhaps even a meteor shower)
AVAILABLE FOR GRADES: K-12
AVAILABLE CURRICULUM LINKS:
– Daily and season changes.
– The Sun is the the principle source of energy for the Earth.
– Space exploration and the Solar System (planets, moons, asteroids, comets),
– Earth’s relationship with the Moon, the rest of the solar system and/or the universe
– Canada’s contribution to space in the past, present, and future
– Formation, evolution, structure and nature of the Solar System and the Universe.
– The appearance and motion of visible celestial objects. Astronomical Units and light years.
– Space exploration and Canadian contributions to efforts in space-based science experiments, astronomy, cosmology, and aerospace.
– Origin and evolution of the Solar System.
– Mass, size, rotation, composition and magnetic field of the various planets and moons.
– Near-Earth space investigations including spacecraft (e.g. International Space Station), and humanity’s negative effects (space debris and pollution of the electromagnetic spectrum, etc…)
Educators, groups, institutions and individuals interested in booking our mobile facility for this or any other shows we present can call or email:
email@example.com / 905.885.9471
*** The above presentations, presentation titles, descriptions, and ideas are the copywritten © 2017 intellectual property of Peter McMahon and North Star Productions Reproduction and/or performance without written permission is strictly prohibited ***
*** please note, due to the time commitment required to set-up and disassemble the planetarium, we can only book by the day – we recommend that teachers or groups looking to bring us in for a single class, Scouting meeting, etc… identify other classes/groups/etc… that might be interested in participating in shows while we’re at your school/meeting venue to provide maximum value for you and your colleagues***